Volunteer in an Orphanage in Nepal Project
Are you seeking out a meaningful way to travel and make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged children? If yes, you are in the right place!
- Best prices guaranteed; starting at just $99 a week
- Highly reputable and reviewed volunteer work in an orphanage in Nepal program
- Always feel safe and supported with in country support at all times
- Special and heartwarming experience helping to improve the lives of abandoned children
Each year, hundreds of children leave their destitute villages to find work in Nepal's crowded cities. Most of these children are deprived of education and end up working as child laborers in restaurants, factories, and hotels.
These disadvantaged children need attention, love, care, and the opportunity for education. Volunteering in our volunteer program in an orphanage in Nepal is an enriching and life changing experience for our volunteers, as well as the children. Many of our former volunteers have reported that this volunteering in an orphanage in Nepal project, in particular, has been memorable and fulfilling and has changed the way they view the world.
Role of Volunteer
Your commitment to volunteer work in an orphanage in Nepal offers orphans and street children the support and devotion they deserve. You will teach basic English and other subjects, such as math and science to these eager learners. As a volunteer, you will also organize tours, games, drawing, singing, dancing, painting, and other activities that the children will enjoy and also learn from at the same time.
Skills and Qualifications Needed
There are no specific qualifications needed to join our volunteer abroad in an orphanage in Nepal program. However, insight into Nepalese language and culture is very valuable when volunteering opportunity in an orphanage in Nepal – consider enrolling in our one- week language studies and cultural immersion program. Volunteers need to have passion and love for children and be flexible and patient.
Dates and Prices
Dates: Volunteer in Nepal
All volunteer programs in Nepal start every Monday. Though we allow for flexibility due to travel constraints.
Price: Volunteer in Nepal
Global Crossroad is committed to offering quality volunteering in Nepal programs at the world's most affordable price. We strive to keep our costs low. The humanitarian side of the business is our passion.
Global Crossroad's volunteer program in Nepal application and registration fee cost US$299. In addition to the application fee, you are required to pay a weekly program fee. You will pay your weekly fee directly country coordinator. And he will distribute it room, food, and project. This ensures the transparency of your fee. And This way, the fees that you pay will benefit those who rightfully deserve them, and not for company profit.
|11 Weeks||$790||$1,765||$ 1,060||$1,185||$2,025|
|12 Weeks||$850||$1,915||$ 1,110||$1,280||$2,200|
- Airport Pickup and Transfer (30 minutes) $50
- Mandatory Comprehensive Travel Insurance $3.49/day
- Language and Culture Program fee $250
- Fees for dentistry placement is same as medical project, but volunteers are charged extra $50/week
Program fees cover:
- Accommodation (volunteers house or host family)
- Food (local food 3 times a day)
- In-country support
- Personalized project
- Pre-departure information
- Certificate of completion
- Fundraising ideas and letters
- Discount for returning volunteers
Program fees exclude:
- Personal expenses on soft drinks and foods
- Daily transportation
- Airport return transfer
The volunteer trip to Nepal program fees will cover expenses that will begin on the first day of the program (usually the first or third Monday of the month) to the last day of the program. If you arrive before the first day of the program or you decide you stay beyond your programs last day, you will be responsible for the additional expenses.
MAJOR FAQS – Volunteer in an Orphanage in Nepal
- What does a daily schedule look like when volunteering in an orphanage in Nepal?
- 7:00am Breakfast and tea
- 7:30-9:00am Help the kids get ready for school (breakfast, homework, etc.)
- 10:00-3:00pm Time off for volunteers to explore Nepal, use the phone and internet, plan trips, etc.
- 3:30pm Assist with the transfer of kids from school to home
- 4:00pm Help get snacks ready and serve the children
- 4:00-6:30pm Assist the orphans with homework and other activities
- 7:00pm Help get dinner ready. During this time, the older children complete their homework.
- Can I have the contact information for the orphanage?
- What types of activities will I be doing while volunteer work at an orphanage in Nepal?
- Help the children complete their homework
- Teach subjects like English, science, math, and social studies
- Play and love the children
- Develop indoor and outdoor activities
- Assist in the kitchen and during mealtimes
- Assist with maintenance and cleaning
- Work with fundraising efforts
- Is this volunteer program in an orphanage in Nepal program available all year?
- Are there any specific details that I need to know at this time?
In Nepal we work with many orphanages. Upon completing the registration process, all necessary information will be forwarded to you.
Yes! You can volunteer at any time!
The children that you are involved with will most likely become quickly and strongly attached to you. It is important that you remain a positive role model for these children. It is also advised that you do not leave the premises after dusk.