Volunteer with the HIV/AIDS Program in India
Do you want to join a team of likeminded individuals in the captivating country of India and help those who are suffering directly or indirectly from the HIV/AIDS virus? Global Crossroad’s volunteer with the HIV/AIDS program opportunity in India is your big chance!
- At a starting price of just $250, you can make a world of a difference in someone’s life in India
- Highly reputable and reviewed volunteer with the HIV/AIDS project in India
- Safety is our number priority
- Great opportunity to explore India and embark on a journey of a lifetime
In India, there is a serious stigma attached to those infected with HIV/AIDS. People are still ignorant about HIV/AIDS and many impoverished people in India lack education on the causes of AIDS and its transmission. People who become infected are often excluded from their own family's homes and from society.
In Delhi and Jaipur, many organizations are working to improve HIV/AIDS awareness, education, and provide care to those infected. The goal of these groups' activities is to foster awareness of the disease and work to change attitudes and behavior towards those unfortunate enough to be infected. Your dedication to the volunteer abroad with the HIV/AIDS program in India will be of great service and make a huge difference in the lives of many suffering individuals in India. You will also have ample free time to explore to colorful, vibrant, and captivating country! This will prove to be an experience of a lifetime!
Role of Volunteer
These organizations/clinics are involved in many worthwhile activities:
- Blood testing
- Counseling HIV-positive people and their families
- Treatment for HIV-positive patients
- Promoting HIV/AIDS awareness
- Some vocational program for the patients
Volunteers in this volunteering overseas in the HIV/AIDS program in India will work with local groups and will be responsible for a variety of tasks:
- Improve awareness activities to truck drivers, women and children
- Demonstrate use of contraceptives, condoms, etc.
- Counseling activities
- Training activities
- Rendering help in treatment (volunteers with a medical/healthcare background only)
- Prepare and present educational programs
- Operational assistance as requested by local organizations; report writing, date collection, etc.
Skills and Qualifications Needed
There are no specific skills or qualifications required for this volunteering with the HIV/AIDS program opportunity in India beyond a general understanding of the HIV/AIDS epidemic and empathy for those infected. Experience with social and medical outreach is considered a plus, but not mandatory.
Your understanding of Indian culture and Hindi language can be strengthened by enrolling in the one-week Language and Cultural Immersion Program. The knowledge you obtain in this program will help you immensely when interacting with patients and their families
Dates and Prices
Dates: Volunteer in India
All volunteer programs in India start every Monday. Global Crossroad is very flexible and understands that various travel constraints that you might face.
All volunteering opportunities in India are available year around, except at times programs like a volunteer teaching English overseas program might be closed for various holidays and vacations. Also, some programs are seasonal due to extreme weather conditions. Between the project link and a Global Crossroad representative, all of this specific information regarding programs dates will be available to you. If a program is unavailable, we will provide an alternative program for you to join.
Prices: Volunteer in India
Global Crossroad is committed to offering quality volunteering in India programs at the world’s most affordable price. We strive to keep our costs low. The humanitarian side of the business is our passion.
Global Crossroad's volunteer program in India application and registration fee cost US $299. The application fee covers the cost of advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries in USA office).
In addition to the application fee, you are required to pay a weekly program fee. You will pay your weekly fee directly to your host family and project. This way, the fees that you pay will benefit those who rightfully deserve them, and not for company profit.
- 1 Week
- 2 Weeks
- 3 Weeks
- 4 Weeks
- 5 Weeks
- 6 Weeks
- 7 Weeks
- 8 Weeks
- 9 Weeks
- 10 Weeks
- 11 Weeks
- 12 Weeks
- Mandatory Comprehensive Travel Insurance $3.49/day
- Language and Culture Program fee $250
- Airport Pickup & Transfer (Dharamsala- 9 hours) $100
Fees do cover:
- Airport pick up
- In-country support
- Personalized project
- Support of in-country coordinator
- Pre-departure information
- Emergency support
- Other program related support
- Certificate of completion
- Fundraising ideas and letters
- Discount for returning volunteers
Fees do not cover:
The India volunteer experience program fees will cover expenses that will begin on the first day of the program (usually the first or third Monday of the month) to the last day of the program. If you arrive before the first day of the program or you decide you stay beyond your program’s last day, you will be responsible for the additional expenses, which would typically be around $30 a day for room and meals at a hostel.