Volunteer with Street Children in the Himalaya Region of India
Are you searching for a way back to make a difference in the world while making a difference within yourself too? There are countless at risk children living in the Himalaya Region of India who would greatly benefit from your warmth, compassion, and friendship. Join the volunteer with street children program in the Himalaya Region of India today!
- Volunteer with the street children opportunity in the Himalaya Region of India starting at just $300
- Established and credible since 2003
- Safety is our number one priority and you will always have the support of our in country coordinator
- Explore the vibrant country of India, help children in need, and expand your horizons all on one amazing trip
Volunteer abroad with street children in the Himalaya Region of India and help brighten futures for disadvantaged children. There are many unfortunate children left homeless and in dangerous situations. Poverty is increasing and education is lacking in India in the Himalaya Region. Many children have lost their parents to disease and/or their homes and families have crumbled due to extreme poverty. Sadly, many of these children lack basic necessities and never have the chance to receive an education.
Global Crossroad is partnering with schools, after-school, and nonprofit organizations to support these at-risk and street children with a safe and healthier environment so that they can receive basic necessities, companionship, and educational and extracurricular activities.
When you volunteer with the street children program in the Himalaya Region of India, you will give destitute children the opportunity to live a proper childhood, as every child deserves. At the same time, you will have the chance to immerse yourself into Indian/Himalayan culture and bask in the mountainous beauty. This is the chance of a lifetime! You can make a grand difference in the lives of others while making a difference in your own life too.
Role of Volunteer
Depending on your individual skills and interests and the needs of the local staff, when volunteering overseas with street children in the Himalaya Region of India, you will work on projects such as:
- Teaching children Basic English
- Escorting children to and from school
- Teaching children about health and personal hygiene
- Planning and leading activities such as playing games, theatre, panting, singing, playing music, etc.
- Teaching other subjects such as math and science
- Working with after-school programs and organizations
- Teaching computer classes
- Helping children with their homework and school assignments
- Being a friend to the children
- Providing care and companionship
- Cooking and serving meals
- Planning creative activities such as drawing, dancing, painting, art classes, etc.
- Playing sports with children
- Identifying children with dental or other health-related problems
- Supervising the children
- Teaching children about different cultures and the world
- Making the children confident in their rights
Skills and Qualifications Needed
There are no specific skills or qualifications required to join our volunteering overseas with street children in the Himalaya Region of India. Your understanding of Indian culture and Hindi language can be strengthened by enrolling in our one-week Language and Cultural Immersion Program. You must have empathy for youth and disadvantaged children. You must be compassionate and supportive.
Dates and Prices
Dates: Volunteer in India
All volunteer programs in India start every Monday. Global Crossroad is very flexible and understands that various travel constraints that you might face.
All volunteering opportunities in India are available year around, except at times programs like a volunteer teaching English overseas program might be closed for various holidays and vacations. Also, some programs are seasonal due to extreme weather conditions. Between the project link and a Global Crossroad representative, all of this specific information regarding programs dates will be available to you. If a program is unavailable, we will provide an alternative program for you to join.
Prices: Volunteer in India
Global Crossroad is committed to offering quality volunteering in India programs at the world’s most affordable price. We strive to keep our costs low. The humanitarian side of the business is our passion.
Global Crossroad's volunteer program in India application and registration fee cost US $299. The application fee covers the cost of advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries in USA office).
In addition to the application fee, you are required to pay a weekly program fee. You will pay your weekly fee directly to your host family and project. This way, the fees that you pay will benefit those who rightfully deserve them, and not for company profit.
- Mandatory Comprehensive Travel Insurance $3.49/day
- Language and Culture Program fee $250
- Airport Pick up & Transfer (Delhi) - $45
- Airport Pick up & Transfer (Dharamsala- 9 hours) $100
Program fees cover:
- Accommodation (volunteers house or host family)
- Food (local food 3 times a day)
- In-country support
- Personalized project
- Pre-departure information
- Certificate of completion
- Fundraising ideas and letters
- Discount for returning volunteers
Program fees exclude:
- Personal expenses on soft drinks and foods
- Daily transportation
- Airport return transfer
The India volunteer experience program fees will cover expenses that will begin on the first day of the program (usually the first or third Monday of the month) to the last day of the program. If you arrive before the first day of the program or you decide you stay beyond your program’s last day, you will be responsible for the additional expenses, which would typically be around $30 a day for room and meals at a hostel.