More Information

Global Crossroad’s Internship in the USA Program is designed to offer international students the opportunity for professional training. We know and understand the needs of the international student. From the time we receive your résumé until you are back in your home country, you will be provided with the services of an intern coordinator which will act as your "mentor/guide." You will be provided with the office and home numbers of your coordinator so that in the event of a problem, he/she will be there to assist you.

The following will provide you with the steps required after you accept a position with us:

1. You must obtain a J-1 training visa through a designated sponsor who has the authority to issue a DS2019 form. We will help you identify this source and assist you with completing the necessary paperwork. Once you have received your DS2019, you must take it to the U.S. Consulate to get your J-1 visa. The consulate is the only agency authorized to issue this visa. The granting or denial of this visa is at the discretion of the U.S. Consulate Office. A J-1 visa is a non-immigrant exchange visitor visa that is valid for a maximum of 18 months. This visa implies no desire on the part of the recipient to remain in the United States permanently and that he/she intends to return to his/her country of citizenship.

2. When you have been granted a J-1 visa, your I-94 card will be stapled to your passport. The card will be stamped "J-ID/S."

3. You are now ready to make your travel arrangements to the U.S. We recommend that you stay in constant touch with us; Global Crossroad provides the details and contact address of our partners. With this procedure, we can ensure that you arrive at your internship on time without any hassle or additional and unnecessary costs.

4. Upon arrival at your host city, your designated intern coordinator will be there to welcome you and to accompany you to your apartment. Your coordinator will also assist you with your pre-internship paperwork and will be your host during your orientation. It is important that you have a passport, DS 2019, I-94 card, and a Social Security card. (Your coordinator will assist you in obtaining this document if you do not have one.)

5. You are now ready to start your internship

6. We have included as part of our website the "U.S. Tax Regulations" requirements for international exchange programs. Click here to read the Student Tax Guide for details

Copyright © Global Crossroad |