Most Popular Volunteer Abroad Destinations
- Volunteer in Kenya
- Volunteer in Tanzania
- Volunteer in Costa Rica
- Volunteer in Peru
- Volunteer in India
- Volunteer in Nepal
- Volunteer in Ghana
- Volunteer in Argentina
- Volunteer Abroad Opportunities
- Internship Abroad Opportunities
- Travel Abroad Opportunities
- Teach Abroad Opportunities
Global Crossroad: Terms and Conditions of Travel Placements
Global Crossroad, LLC – Terms and Conditions for Travel Program
This Customer Services Agreement is a legally binding contract which sets forth all of the terms and conditions of Your agreement with Global Crossroad, LLC. As part of Your application process, You are required to verify and affirm that You have read and thoroughly reviewed this contract and that You understand, entirely accept and agree to be bound by all of its terms. All services and arrangements provided by or through Global Crossroad, LLC are subject to this contract and Your completion of a booking and/or corresponding payment of any fee to Global Crossroad, LLC confirms your contractually binding agreement to all of the terms and conditions of this contract. If you have any questions regarding this contract, please email Global Crossroad, LLC and we will be happy to assist you. However, this document, including any referenced exhibits hereto, is the sole source of any obligations and/or services to be provided by Global Crossroad, LLC and therefore no oral or other communications or documents regarding the substance of this agreement are relevant or binding upon Global Crossroad, LLC. You should retain legal counsel to assist you if you do not fully understand any provision included in this document.
- 1.1. This Customer Agreement includes certain key terms that are specifically defined in the definitions that follow. Other defined terms may be included in the body of the Agreement. Defined terms are indicated by a capitalized letter at the beginning of the term and shall have the meaning and intent respectively defined below:
- 1.2 The Company: Global Crossroad, LLC (herein referred to at times as "Company" or Global) has arranged the Trip described within this, Customer Agreement, brochure, fliers, invoices, websites, or confirmation.
- 1.3 The Traveler: The traveler (referred to at times as "Customer," “Cleint,” "I," "you," or "your") who has reserved a trip as described within the brochures, fliers, websites, invoices, or confirmations, and who intends to participate in the trip so reserved. By such participation, signing the attached booking form and payment as provided for in this Customer Agreement ("Customer Agreement" or "Agreement") hereby agrees to be bound by and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- 1.4 Booking Confirmation: Your booking is not accepted and no contract exists until the Company has received a properly completed and signed booking form (electronically or in handwritten form), along with the appropriate deposit, and has confirmed your booking in writing. The Company in its discretion, has the right to refuse any bookings, and may at any stage cancel an accepted booking without giving any reason therefore.
2. Services Provided by Global
- 2.1 Non-refundable Deposit: You agree to pay a non-refundable deposit of USD$200.00 a person, per tour at the time of booking. If booking 60 days or less prior to departure, full payment is due immediately at the time of booking.
- 2.1 Trip Prices: You agree that quotes are based on the official rate of exchange and costs at the time of this brochure, flier, invoice, website, or confirmation going to press. Therefore, you agree and understand that said quotes are subject to change due to any currency fluctuations, adjustments, changes in costs, surcharges for fuel, flights etc. made since that date.
- 2.2 Surcharges: You agree that in the event of surcharges resulting in a 10% increase or more of the tour cost, omitting insurance premiums, within 14 days of notification of surcharges, client may at client’s option cancel bookings and receive a full refund of all monies paid.
- 2.3 Prices Subject to Change: If trip price changes occur, you will be notified of the final trip price at least 2 weeks prior to your date of departure. The Company reserves the right to amend these prices in accordance with such changes.
- 2.4 Administration fee: You agree to pay an administration fee of USD$50.00 which will be charged for each addition and amendment, to a confirmed reservation requested by the Customer, and for any bookings made within 30 days of departure from the US.
- 2.5 Transfer Fee: You agree to pay a transfer fee of USD$150.00 per person, to transfer from one departure to another on the same trip itinerary up to 60 days.
- 2.6 LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS: For any bookings made within 30 days of departure, You agree that Company reserves the right to impose a USD$50.00 fee. This last minute booking fee covers any additional costs for couriers, communication and administration fees.
- 2.6 Bookings: You agree NOT to give, sell, assign or in any way transfer your booking to another person. 2.7 No amendments: You agree that No amendments are permitted to your booking within 10 days of departure.
3.0 Refund and Cancellation Policies
Compared to similar companies that provide comparable tours, Global’s fees are significantly less than the fees charged by other such companies and You are encouraged to compare Global’s fees to the fees charged by other similar companies. As a consequence, Global operates on a much smaller profit margin and is therefore unable to provide and does not provide an open refund policy. It is solely Your decision to join our trip and no Customer should participate in Our trips if You feel that he or she is paying more for the services than You will be receiving from Our Program. Global commits significant resources to arranging trips. In most Host Countries, payments to trip leaders, field staffs, hotels, and other service providers are made well in advance to pay for their commitments and services. Global is unable to recover these advance payments so Global is required to adopt and enforce a strict refund and cancellation policies.
- 3.1 Refund Restrictions. Your payment of the US$200.00 deposit to Global is strictly non-refundable under any and all circumstances.
- 3.2 Cancellation 60 or More Days from Start of Trip. If You notify Global in writing of a requested cancellation of a trip sixty (60) or more calendar days from the start of the trip, Global agrees to refund to You seventy-five percent (75%) of the Fee, excluding the nonrefundable deposit fee of $200.00 and any applicable bank charges.
- 3.3 Cancellation 30 to 59 Days from Start of the Trip. If You notify Global in writing of a requested cancellation of a trip 30 to 59 calendar days from the start of the trip, Global agrees to refund to You fifty percent (50%) of the total Fee, excluding the nonrefundable deposit fee of $200.00 and any applicable bank charges.
- 3.3 Cancellation less than 15 to 29 days from Start of trip. If You notify Global in writing of a requested cancellation of a trip 15 to 19 calendar days from the start of the trip, Global agrees to refund to You twenty five percent (25%) of the total Fee, excluding the nonrefundable deposit fee of $200.00 and any applicable bank charges
- 3.4 Cancellation less than 14 days and on or After Start of Project Period. If you notify Global of a requested cancellation of a trip in less than 15 days or after the start of the trip, no refund whatsoever will be made to you under any conditions or for any reasons.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE COMPANY
- 3.5 Cancellation: You agree that the Company can, and may cancel any tour for any reason. However, the company will not cancel a tour if there is less than 15 days from departure, with the exception of a force majeure, unusual or unpredictable circumstances.
- 3.6 Refund Options: There are two options for the client, if in the event a tour is cancelled by the company. You may either choose a full refund of all monies paid, or an alternative tour offered by the company.
- 3.7 Alternative Trip Refund: The client is entitled to a refund of the price difference, if the alternative tour chosen is of lower value than that originally booked. Likewise, if the alternative tour chosen is of higher value than that originally booked, You agree to pay the difference in price.
- 3.8 Client’s Responsibility: You agree to take responsibility of any incidental expenses such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights or loss of enjoyment that might result as a result of cancellation of booking by company because of situation beyond Company’s control
- 3.9 Unused Services: Absolutely NO discounts or refund of monies, for missed or unused services. This includes voluntary or involuntary termination or departure from tour as a result of sickness, death of a family member, etc.
4.0 Travel Documents
- 4.1 Important Documents: You agree to have a valid passport for entry, departure and travel through each destination point along the itinerary of the tour. Please note: Your passport must be valid 6 months past your return date. All visas, permits, certificates (including vaccination certificates) and insurance policies are also required for the whole of the journey.
- 4.2 Responsibility of Documents: All documents and permits obtained prior to departure are the client’s responsibility. The client is also responsible for any consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation.
- 4.3 Advice Regarding Documents: You agree that any information or advice regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. given by the Company, is purely advisory and provided as a courtesy to the Client. The company is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided.
- 4.4 Document Fee: You agree to pay additional fee if you choose to receive paper documents, the company has a right to impose a fee.
- 4.5 Current Itinerary: Tour itinerary originally provided by the company, as well as changes to the website’s itinerary may be made without notification. You agree to visit the website at least 48 hours prior to departure to ensure he/she has the most current itinerary.
- 4.6 FACTORS OUTSIDE THE COMPANY’S CONTROL (FORCE MAJEURE):
- Company (including their owners, officers, agents, employees, contractors and subcontractors) shall not be liable in any way to the Client for death, bodily injury, illness, damage, delay or other loss or detriment, to person or property. Further, the Company (including their owners, officers, agents, employees, contractors and subcontractors) shall not be liable for the Company's failure to commence, perform and/or complete any duty owed to the Client when such failure is beyond the reasonable control of the Company. Further, the Company (including their owners, officers, agents, employees, contractors and subcontractors)shall not be liable in any way, whether or not the Company is a party thereto, in the event of death, delay, bodily injury (including emotional distress or injury), illness, damage or other loss or detriment, to person or property caused by Act of God, war or warlike operations, terrorist activities or threat thereof, civil commotion, civil disorder, labor difficulties, interference by authorities, political disturbance, riot, insurrection, government action, fire, natural disaster, adverse weather events, and any and all other similar events that are beyond the reasonable control of the Company. Further, you agree that the Company (including their owners, officers, agents, employees, contractors and subcontractors) shall not be liable for the actions of the local partners and/or local staff.
- 5.1 Company as an Agent: The Company acts only as an agent for Customers, in connection with hotel accommodations, camping arrangements, sight-seeing tours and all kinds of transportation. Aside from the tours or transportation that are provided and operated directly by the Company itself.
- 5.2 Problems with Accommodations: You agree that matters arising regarding hotel accommodations, camping arrangements, sight-seeing tours and transportation are in no way the Company’s responsibility.
- 5.3 Changes of Arrangements: You agree that arrangements made by the Company are subject to any special terms imposed by the hotel or site owners, tour providers or providers of transport.
- 5.4 Arranged Accommodations: You agree that the Company will arrange SHARED accommodations in a simple tourist hotel, hostel, camp, or any other forms of accommodations depending upon location. You agree that you will most likely be required to share the accommodations with other persons. You agree not to expect luxury accommodations.
- 5.4 Meal Arrangements: The Company will arrange for local foods to be provided, as set forth in the trip itinerary. Any and all other food and/or meals are the responsibility of the Customer.
6. FLEXIBILITY of Itinerary
You agree that Global operates the program with local partners. These local partners are in charge of, and have complete control of the tour program. Global does not have control over these partners. Travel and tourism in developing countries is inherently unstable and subject to change as the circumstances change. Many times, these partners may change the travel itinerary as field situation changes. Therefore, you should expect some changes and be flexible in the event circumstances change.
- 6.1 Flexibility: You understand the limitation of this type of travel, and You agree to be flexible and open to alternatives if problems arise.
- 6.2 Generic Itinerary: You agree that the itinerary given for each tour suggests the kinds of activities that will be taking place. However, it’s just a generic representation and the Company is under no obligation to follow it exactly.
- 6.3 Unpredictable Occurrences: You agree that route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may change at any time due to regional circumstances or events, including, but not limited to, sickness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, civil disorder, civil commotion, war or war like operations, terrorist activities or threat thereof, riot, insurrection, and events caused by political disputes, climate or entry/border difficulties.
- 6.4 Advertised Schedules Subject to Change: You agree that in some occasions the company can not follow its advertised itineraries or schedules for travel and stopping.
- 6.5 Unintentional Alternatives: You agree that If necessary, the company may have to use alternative forms of transport than those advertised. The advertised itineraries, schedules, and vehicle usage are simply illustrative and do not represent any guarantee that such itineraries, schedules, and/or vehicle usage will be available.
- 6.6 Necessary Cancellations: If necessary to do so, without being liable, the company may alter and/or cancel any trip, hotel, or camping accommodations.
- 6.7 Repayment: The Company will repay any monies received, if a trip is cancelled by the Company prior to departure and the reason for such cancellation is out of the company’s reasonable control.
- 6.8 Liability: The Company is not liable for any trip delays, deviations or omissions from any trip/route as well as, any direct or indirect consequences.
- 6.9 Airfare Charges: Any penalty charges associated with connecting airfares, due to trip cancellation or schedule changes, is the responsibility of the Customer and the Company shall not be liable for any such charges.
- 6.10 Extra Expenses: You agree that due to safety concerns, or should unexpected expenses arise, necessary for the continuation or termination of any trip, it is possible to incur extra expenses. You agree that company may do so in the sole discretion of the Company, and in the event such expenses are incurred the Company may recover same from clients.
- 6.11 Itinerary Varies: The Company is allowed to use alternative forms of transport and/or make variations to the itinerary due to breakdown, accidents, sickness, unexpected events, etc.
- 6.12 Informational Handouts: You agree to accept the authority and decisions of the company’s employees and agents during tours. Any informational handouts given by tour leaders are given as a courtesy to the Customers, and the Company makes no representations as to the validity, accuracy, or quality of said handouts and you agree that the Company is not responsible for the contents of said handouts, and you agree the Company is not responsible for any losses that may arise from reliance upon said handouts.
- 7.1 Insurance: Global DOES NOT Crossroad offers travel insurance to clients. However, You can purchased insurance through Global’al. The details of coverage will be given in the card and policy booklet. You agree to read and understand the policy provisions and coverage of the insurance. The terms and conditions as set forth in said insurance policy shall govern in the event of a conflict between what is set forth herein and said policy. Global Volunteer and Travel does not itself issue this insurance but merely provides notice to it’s customers that it is available through said insurance company.
- 7.2 Rescue Operations: You agree that the insurance does not cover major rescue operation by helicopters, and/or other aircraft. In addition, you should review the policy of insurance in order to determine what is covered by such insurance and what is excluded from coverage.
- 7.3 Insurance Arrangements: Customer’s accepts the sole responsibility of ensuring that any travel insurance arranged through the Company is adequate, and should arrange supplementary insurance if needed.
- 7.4 Customers Responsibility: All Customers are required to adequately insure themselves against personal accident, repatriation, personal liability, illness, injury or death for the duration of their Trip. It is also necessary to insure fully against loss or damage to your property. The Company (including their owners, officers, agents, employees, contractors and subcontractors) shall not be liable for any losses associated with the Customers failure to obtain such insurance.
- 7.5 Liability: The Company (including their owners, officers, agents, employees, contractors and subcontractors), shall not in any circumstances whatsoever, be liable with respect to any personal injury, illness or death, damage or loss of property.
- 7.6 Insurance Documentation: It is the Customer’s responsibility to obtain documentary evidence of personal travel insurance before joining the Trip.
- 7.7 Global’s Insurance Policy: The insurance available though Global does not pay money directly to any hospital, medical facility or other health care provider. You understand and agree that in the event health care expenses are incurred by You that you will be required to pay such expenses out of your own funds and then later submit a claim to the insurance company for reimbursement.
8.0 REMOVAL OF CUSTOMER FROM TRIP:
- 8.1 Authority of Representative: The Company’s tour leader or representative has the authority to make decisions final on all matters likely to endanger the safety and well being of the tour. By booking with us You agree to abide by the authority of the Company’s tour leader or representative.
- 8.2 Laws and Regulations Abroad: You agree to comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited. If the Client is affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might interfere with the enjoyment of others on the tour, the Client must advise Global at the time of booking.
- 8.3 Failure to Comply: Should the Client fail to comply with the above, commit any illegal act when on the tour, or if the Client’s behavior is causing or is likely to cause danger (in the opinion of the tour leader), distress or annoyance to others, we reserve the right to terminate that Client’s travel arrangements. This goes without any liability on the Company’s part, and the Client will not be entitled to any refund for unused or missed services or costs incurred resulting from the termination of the travel arrangements.
- 8.4 Customer’s Medical Condition: Customers are responsible for informing the Company at the time of booking of any known illnesses, disabilities or medical conditions. If medical conditions are not known at the time of booking, upon discovery of such condition the Customer must immediately inform company at the earliest opportunity prior to the departure of the Trip.
- 8.5 Uniformed Medical Condition Policy: Any Customer who is found to have failed to declare or mis stated their medical conditions may be ordered to leave the Trip with no refund of any monies whatsoever and further the Company (including their owners, officers, agents, employees, contractors and subcontractors) shall not be liable for any losses of any nature associated with said removal of the customer as set forth herein..
- 8.6 Removal Due to Endangerment: The Company reserves the right to remove a Customer from a Trip if in the sole opinion of the Company, the Company’s Trip leader, or representative that the health or conduct of the Customer (immediately before or at any time after departure), appears likely to endanger the Customer or others on the trip.
- 8.7 Customer’s Health: At its discretion the Company may make such arrangements as it sees fit, and recover the cost thereof from the Customer, in the case of ill health.
- 8.8 Breach of Contract: At the beginning of the Trip, Customer must give the Trip leader their local payment and/or flight cost as shown in the brochure, and updated if applicable. Failure to do so will be deemed a breach of contract on the Customer’s part. Whereby, the Customer will not be carried on the Trip and the Company shall have no responsibility to or for the Customer, and no refund will be given.
- 8.9 Trip Instructions: Trip instructions issued to the Customer(s) must be followed. It is the Customers responsibility to comply with said trip instructions and the Customer shall be responsible for any extra expenses or inconvenience, caused through noncompliance with those instructions.
- 8.10 Immediate Termination of Agreement by Global: Global reserves the right to immediately terminate this Agreement by giving You written notice of termination. This action will be taken if you are found to have been involved in any threatening and/or unacceptable behavior, any illegal activities or convicted of any criminal activities, before or during the trip.
- 8.11 Termination due to Customer’s Actions: The Company shall have no responsibility towards the Customer and no refund shall be due, if a Customer is removed or his/her participation terminated. . 8.12 Medical Forms: All Clients who are 70 years of age and over, or those younger with pre-existing medical conditions, are required to complete a medical form, which must be signed and dated by a physician.
9. Complaints management
- 9.1 Complaints: Any complaints by the client, towards the company, local partners, field staff, or tour leaders, must first be directed to your tour leaders or field staffs. Global Volunteer and Travel runs a responsible program, where tour leaders or field staffs will work on your problem immediately to fix it.
- 9.2 Complaint Agreement: You agree to voice any complaints, issues, problems, or concerns with trip leaders/local staff. You further agree that your claim of refund will not be valid, if you failed to voice your problems to the trip leaders or local staffs. You agree to first attempt to resolve any such complaints, issues, problems, or concerns first with your tour leaders or field staff.
- 9.3 Complaints to Global: You agree that you will contact Global only if you are not able to resolve such complaints, issues, problems, or concerns with your trip leader or local staff.
- 9.4 Regarding Refunds: You further agree that Global shall not be liable for any refunds whatsoever in the event you fail to comply with Sections 9.1, 9.2, and 9.3 herein regarding resolution of complaints, issues, problems and concerns.
- 9.5 Failure to Voice Complaints: If the client is dissatisfied and does not follow the complaint resolution process as set forth in sections 9.1, 9.2, and 9.3, while the client is on tour, such failure shall result in Global being released from any and all liability to refund any monies whatsoever. If a satisfactory resolution is not reached by utilization of said complaint resolution process, then any further complaint must be put in writing to the Company immediately.
- 9.6 Submit Written Complaints: All complaints that are submitted to Global must be submitted in writing and signed by You, which shall be deemed to constitute a representation by You that all statements contained in the complaint are true and correct. Global does not accept complaints submitted by emails. When submitting complaints You agree that you understand your responsibilities, the limitations of the Global program and what it is that Global has agreed to provide as set forth in these terms and conditions. You agree not to submit complaints regarding matters that are not the responsibility of Global.
- 9.7 Local Trip leader’s reply: Once we receive your written signed complaint, Global will forward it to the trip leader or local staff, as the case may be, for response. Global also collect information to verify your complaints from project staffs, fellow clients, and relevant witnesses.
- 9.8 Verification and Decision: Up on collection of all information about your complaint, Global will fairly analyze your complaint and make a decision. While making verification, we carefully analyze the facts, our promised services, and whether you violated the terms and conditions
- 9.9 Refund: If Global concluded that we failed to offer the promised services, we will give partial refund deducting the actual cost incurred on you. However, no refund will be made if we find your complaint(s) not true, biased, fabricated, or if we find you consistently ignored leaders warning or violated terms and conditions or ignored the limitations of our program (outlined in many subsections of our terms and conditions)
- 9.10 Time Period: The completion of the complaint verification, analysis, decision, and refund(if necessary) process generally takes 2-3 months.
- 9.11. You agree to report written complaints with in 1 month of occurrence of the event or issue that gave rise to your complaint. No complaints will be considered valid if Global does not receive said written complaint within one month of occurrence of the event or issue that gave rise to your complaint.
- 9.12 Prices Connected with Trip: For any cause or causes of matters arising in connection with a Trip, for a total sum in excess of the price of the Customer’s Trip, the Company will not be liable. In no event shall Global be liable for such costs or expenses.
- 9.13 Company Not Liable: For any damages incurred, loss of enjoyment, disappointment, inconvenience or discomfort, customer agrees that the company is not liable.
- 9.14 Compensation: Compensation for personal injury in the course of road travel, air travel, rail travel, sea travel, or hotel accommodation is limited to the provisions of any applicable International Conventions. Respectively, the Geneva Convention 1973, the Warsaw Convention as amended by The Hague Protocol 1955, the 1961 Berne Convention, the 1974 Athens Convention and the 1962 Paris Convention.
10. RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR TOUR
- 10.1 Tour Arrangements: All services at this time are organized by Global. All arrangements made on behalf of customers are made by organizers. With this being said, the organizers will not be held responsible for any injury, death, accident, delay, loss, damage or irregularity which may occur due to the acts of any company and/or persons engaged in carrying out the arrangements.
- 10.2 Factors Resulting Outside of Company’s Control: Global simply acts as an agent for transport companies, hotels and other contractors. Therefore, Global is not responsible for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur. This includes any defect in a vehicle or any other form of transport, acts of God, detention, delays or expenses incurred from being quarantined, strikes, riots, theft, force majeure, civil disturbance, government restriction or regulation, accident by aircraft, boat, bicycle, or motor vehicle, or any problems with hotel or guest house, pension, or other form of accommodation.
- 10.3 Quality of Accommodations: The Company has no control over the quality of products, including accommodations. Client understands that in any event the quality of such products may be compromised by local conditions. As a result, the client agrees to release the Company from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages, loss of enjoyment, inconvenience, or injuries related to the quality of such products. All information contained in this brochure is correct to the best of the Company’s knowledge, and the Company accepts no responsibility for any innocent inaccuracies contained herein.
- 10.4 Itinerary Alternations: Without penalty, the Company is allowed to alter any itineraries in progress or services at any time. Any additional expenses or cancellations shall be borne by the customer. The organizer is allowed to withdraw, or refuse any service to any customer, at the discretion of the organizer.
- 10.5 Limitations: There are some limitations to the trip program. All adventure trips are made possible with the help of local tour companies and field staffs. Global does not have complete control over the limitations of these local tour operations.
11. Change in information and services
- 11.2 Information Changes: You agree that the information provided on our website, brochures, or dossiers are basic and may change at any time due to many reasons.
- 11.3 Expected Services: Client agrees, and does not require Global to meet any expectations regarding sight-seeing of particular animal types, reaching particular destinations, or doing particular activities during the trip, as there is no guarantee.
- 11.4 Changes Made by the Company: While the Company will attempt to operate all tours as advertised, reasonable changes in the itinerary may be made where necessary, or advisable by the Company. Client agrees that the Company is allowed to change any of the facilities or services described in the brochure or on the website, before a booking is made. Further, as set forth herein, Client understands and agrees that due to changing local circumstances that are outside the reasonable control of the Company said changes may be necessary after the booking is made.
- 11.5 Major Changes: The definition of a major change is a change affecting at least one day out of five of the itinerary. If any major changes occur, it is the responsibility of the Company to inform the Client as soon as reasonably possible, if there is time prior to departure. If the major change is due to unforeseen circumstances no compensation is payable.
- 11.6 Major Change Options: The Client may choose to either accept the major change, obtaining a full refund of all monies paid (excluding Trip Cancellation Insurance Premiums and/or flights), or choosing any one of the alternative tours being offered.
12. Releases and Waiver of Liabilities.
- 12.1 Risk nature of travel: Client is aware of the risky nature of the Trip, and understands the potential element of personal risk and hazards not normally linked with such tours.
- 12.2 risk and hazards: Customer agrees to accept these potential risks and hazards.
- 12.3 Safety standard: Customer also agrees to accept that safety standards of hotels and other suppliers of accommodation, local transport and other operators may not be of the same safety standards as those in the Customer’s home country.
- 12.4 Risk: Client understands that traveling to many areas of the world involves risks, i.e. political, legal, environmental, terrorism, criminal activity, war, safety, and cultural differences, as well as tougher physical conditions.
- 12.5 Safety: Global is greatly concerned with the safety of our Customers. It is important that Customers realize they are responsible to make themselves aware of the risks involved, and therefore need to make travel decisions accordingly.
- 12.5 travel advisory: You agree that travel advisory changes daily. You agree to visit the state department web and keep yourself aware of travel warning before you travel. For information of the possible dangers at international destinations contact the: Travel Advisory Section of the US State Department at (202)647- 5225, or visit: http://travel.state.gov/travel. For medical information contact the Center for Disease Control at (877)394-8747, or visit: www.cdc.gov/travel
- 12.6 AIRLINE CLAUSE: This brochure/flier/invoice/website/confirmation is issued by, and is the responsibility of the Company. It is not issued on behalf the airlines mentioned or any airline whose services are used in the course of the Trip. Fare levels and conditions are subject to change. The responsibility of participating air carriers is limited.
- 12.7 The airlines are not to be held liable or responsible for any inconvenience, loss, damage, or injury in connection with the Trip services described herein. Airlines are only liable under the tickets and tariff provision for carriage.
13. Releases and Waiver of Liabilities
- 13.1 Assumption of Personal Risks. YOU HEREBY AGREE, UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR AGREEMENT TO TRAVEL TO, TEMPORARILY LIVE IN ON A PROJECT IN A FOREIGN HOST COUNTRY NECESSARILY INVOLVES A CERTAIN DEGREE OF HAZARDS, INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES AND PERSONAL RISKS TO YOU, BOTH FORESEEN AND UNFORESEEN, ALL OF WHICH ARE FULLY ACCEPTED BY AND SOLELY ASSUMED BY YOU. IN ADDITION, YOU HEREBY FULLY AND PERMANENTLY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Global FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR YOUR PERSONAL INJURY, EMOTIONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISEASE, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT OR OCCUR DURING YOUR PLACEMENT AND/OR THE PROJECT PERIOD.
- 13.2 Release and Waivers in Favor of Global. YOU HEREBY FULLY, PERMANENTLY AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE NOT TO SUE Global, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL OF ITS SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, ITS AGENTS, MANAGERS, PARTICIPANTS, APPLICANTS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS OR REPRESENTATIVES, AND ANY COUNTRY COORDINATORS, VOLUNTEER COORDINATORS, HOST FAMILIES OR OTHER PERSONS, ENTITIES, PARTIES, ORGANIZATIONS OR AGENCIES COLLABORATING WITH Global (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”), VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT DURESS, FROM ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, SUITS, LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, COSTS AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION FOR DAMAGES OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY NATURE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, EMOTIONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISEASE, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR OTHER LOSSES, EXPENSES AND/OR DAMAGES (COLLECTIVELY “CLAIMS”), WHICH MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROJECT OR PLACEMENT AND/OR ANY PROJECT, ACTIVITY OR EVENT SPONSORED, MANAGED, ARRANGED, OR PROMOTED BY, OR OTHERWISE AFFILIATED OR ASSOCIATED WITH Global, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR CONTRIBUTED TO BY THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF Global OR OTHERS.
- 13.3 Acknowledgment. You agree, understand and acknowledge that Your release and waivers in this section 13 in favor of the Released Parties effectively releases and discharges the Released Parties from any liability or claim that You may have against the Released Parties with respect to any Claims that may result from Your participation in any Placement and/or Project. You also agree, understand and acknowledge that Global does not assume any responsibility or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including, but not limited to, medical, health, or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death, or property damage. You agree, understand and acknowledge that You are solely responsible for Your own safety and health care needs and for the protection of Your property.
- 13.4 Insurance. You agree, understand and acknowledge that Global does not carry or maintain any health, medical, disability, damage or other liability insurance coverage for Your benefit or for any other Participants, and You hereby expressly release Global from any responsibility or obligation to do so. You agree, understand and acknowledge that Global strongly recommends that You obtain and maintain suitable insurance coverage on Your behalf during the Project Period and that You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining such insurance.
- 13.5 Medical Treatment. You also hereby release and forever discharge the Released Parties from any and all Claims whatsoever that may arise on account of any first aid or other medical treatment rendered during Your participation in any Project or Placement and/or any other project, activity or event sponsored, managed, arranged, or promoted by, or otherwise affiliated or associated with Global.
- 13.6 Supplemental Waiver as to Teaching Programs. In addition the assumption of risks and waivers provided in subsection 13.1 above, You also agree to fully release and forever discharge the Released Parties from any and all liability, injury, dispute or Claims involving or arising out of any teaching program in China or Thailand and You agree, understand and acknowledge that Global can not and does not have any authority or control over any Chinese or Thai schools.
- 13.7 Waiver of Special or Punitive Damages. NEITHER PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, NOR ANY RELEASED PARTIES, SHALL BE LIABLE TO EACH OTHER FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF SAID PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE RISK OR POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EACH PARTY HERETO EXPRESSLY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO ASSERT OR RECOVER ANY SUCH DAMAGES FROM ONE ANOTHER.
- 13.8 Extent of Releases and Waivers. You hereby agree, understand and acknowledge that the releases and waivers given by You in this Section 7 are intended by You and Global to be as broad and as inclusive as permitted by law.
14. Additional Representations and Warranties
- 14.1 Majority Age and Contractual Capacity. You represent and warrant to Us that You are of majority age of eighteen years of age or older and that You have full and complete capacity and authority to bind Yourself to this Agreement.
- 14.2 Photographic Assignment and Release. You hereby grant and convey unto Global all rights, title, and interest in and to any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings that may include images and/or recordings of You and made by or on behalf of Global or made with Our consent, in connection with Your participation in any Project or Placement arranged through Global and/or any Project, activity or event sponsored, managed, arranged, or promoted by, or otherwise affiliated or associated with Global, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings. Your consent to such use by Global includes mention of Your name, age, town/city/country/area of residence. You hereby, grant Global, the permission to use your email address, telephone number, images (photos), video, audio, writings (testimonies), and other recordings to use in the web pages, newsletters, brochures, and all other kinds of promotional materials of Global and its affiliated organizations, which we get by your contact with Global and/or your participation in our program.
- 14.3 Physical and Mental Health. You represent and warrant that You are in sufficient physical and mental health to participate in the Placement and Project selected for You and do not have any physical or mental conditions which could impair Your ability to participate in any Placement or Project.
- 14.5 Developing Countries. You represent and warrant that You agree, understand and acknowledge that travel in developing countries not only offers opportunities for great adventure and cross-cultural immersion, but it also carries the corresponding limitations of developing countries. These limitations include, but are not limited to, poverty; poorer quality of food and water, poorer living accommodations, limited and less sophisticated medical services, limited or no democratic freedoms, limited or non-existent personal comforts such as air-conditioning, less stable governments, limited communication and transportation facilities; terrorist activities, higher criminal rates, beggars; and wide-ranging cultural differences that may affect Your stay in many ways. These are the realities of developing countries and You acknowledge and assume the task and risks of accepting these and other similar limitations during Your stay within a developing country. In addition to the foregoing, You agree, understand and acknowledge:
- 14.6 Reduced Safety Standards. Safety standards in most Asian, African, and Latin American countries generally do not meet the standards in the United States or other developed countries. Various risks exist in many areas of travel: by raft, canoe, boat, bicycle, train, plane, automobile, horseback, or by other means of conveyance; or on foot, roads, or trails; or at hotels.
- 14.7 Transfer or Sharing of Your Personal Information. In connection with Your Placement, it may be necessary for Us to transfer personal information about You, such as medical information, background-check information and details of any convictions, to a country or countries outside of the United States or Canada where an adequate level of protection of such data may not be provided and you hereby fully consent to any and all such transfers of Your personal information.
- 15.1 Your Indemnity of Global. You agree to fully indemnify and hold Global harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, costs, expenses, fees and damages arising out of or related to: (i) any breach by You of this Agreement; (ii) any damages, losses, personal injury, property damage, fines, assessments, fees or costs that are caused to or asserted against Global as a result of Your actions, inaction or omissions; or (iii) any contractual claim or other cause of action asserted against Global as a result of Your conduct and/or Your failure to perform the volunteer services required hereunder.
16. Force Majeure
- 16.1 Project Delay or Cancellation Due to Force Majeure. Various events which Global is unable to control may arise and cause disruption, delay or cancellation of Your Trip. Such circumstances are likely to include: war or threat of war, terrorist activity or threat of such activity, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, health risks and epidemics, labor dispute, strike, work slow down or work stoppage and all similar circumstances beyond Our control (collectively “Force Majeure”). You agree, understand and acknowledge that Global shall have no liability for any delay or cancellation of a Project or Placement due to Force Majeure and You hereby agree to accept all risks associated with the occurrence of any Force Majeure. Global’s only obligation in the event of any Force Majeure is to reasonably attempt to reschedule or relocate Your Placement and/or Project. If Global is unable to reschedule or relocate Your Placement and/or Project, You are entitled to seek any reimbursement of Program Fees that may be provided pursuant to section 5 hereof.
17. Miscellaneous Provisions
- 17.1 Construction and Interpretation. Each and all parties hereto acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is not a standard contractual form and that each respective party hereto is represented, or had the opportunity to be represented, by legal counsel in connection with the matters set forth herein, and that this Agreement shall, for all purposes, be deemed drafted by all parties hereto and no rule of construction or interpretation shall be invoked either against or in favor of any party respecting the interpretation of any provision hereof. Whenever used herein, the singular number or singular nouns shall include the plural, the plural the singular and the use of the masculine, feminine or neuter gender shall include all genders, as the context may require, and the term "party" shall mean an individual, a corporation, an association, a partnership, a trust and any legal entity.
- 17.2 Section Headings. All titles or headings to articles, sections, subsections or other divisions of this Agreement or the exhibits hereto are only for the convenience of the parties and shall not be construed to have any effect or meaning with respect to the other content of such articles, sections, subsections or other divisions, such other content being controlling as to the meaning and intent and the content.
- 17.3 Severability. Wherever legally possible, each and every provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted in such manner as to render it valid, effective and enforceable under applicable law according to its express terms, but if any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed legally prohibited or invalid under applicable law by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provisions or any of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect absent said invalid provisions.
- 17.4 Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in multiple counterparts or copies, each of which shall be deemed an original hereof for all purposes. One or more counterparts or copies of this Agreement may be executed by one or more of the parties hereto, and some different counterparts or copies executed by other parties. Each counterpart or copy hereof executed by any party hereto shall be binding upon the party executing same even though other parties may execute one or more different counterparts or copies and all counterparts or copies hereof so executed shall constitute but one and the same instrument. Each party hereto (“Signing Party”), by execution of a counterpart or copy hereof, expressly authorizes and directs any other party hereto to detach the signature pages and/or acknowledgment, attestation, witness, jurat or similar pages thereto from the counterpart, facsimile or copy hereof executed by Signing Party and affix same to another identical counterpart, facsimile or copy hereof executed by Signing Party such that upon execution of multiple counterparts, facsimiles or copies hereof by all parties hereto, each party hereto may have a counterpart or copy hereof to which is attached signature pages containing signatures of all parties hereto, together with any such acknowledgment, attestation, witness, jurat or similar pages relating thereto. The parties hereto expressly agree and acknowledge that facsimile signatures and electronic signatures or other electronic “consent click” acknowledgments shall be effective as original signatures.
- 17.5 Assignment. Global may assign this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations hereunder to any third party without Applicant’s express written consent. Applicant may not assign this Agreement or any of Applicant’s rights or obligations hereunder without Global’s prior written consent.
- 17.6 Notice. All demands, notices, approvals, consents, requests and other communications provided for hereunder shall be in writing and may be mailed or electronically transmitted via email, to the party to whom sent, addressed to it, at its address, facsimile or email address as set forth on the Term Sheet or such other address, facsimile or email address as such party may hereafter specify. Each such communication shall be effective (a) if given by telecopier or other electronic means, when such communication is transmitted to the specified address and any appropriate confirmation is received, or (b) if given by mail, three (3) business Days after such communication is deposited in the mail with first class postage prepaid, addressed as aforesaid.
- 17.7 Failure to Act and Waiver. No failure or delay on the part of any party hereto in the exercise of any right, power or remedy existing hereunder or by law shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power or remedy preclude other or further exercise thereof, or the exercise of any other right, power or remedy. Any waiver granted by any party hereto shall be effective only if in writing and only in the specific instance and for the specific purpose given. No modification or waiver of any provision of this Agreement nor consent to any departure by the parties therefrom shall in any event be effective unless the same shall be in writing, and then such waiver or consent shall be effective only in the specific instance and for the purpose for which given. No notice to or demand on either party not provided for herein in any case shall entitle such party to any other or further notice or demand not provided for herein in the same, similar or other circumstances.
- 17.8 Litigation. In the event of any litigation between the parties to this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees and costs, including reasonable costs of appeal, if any.
- 17.9 Independent Contractors. In performing their respective services hereunder, each shall operate as and have the status of independent contractors and shall not act as or be an agent or employee of the other. Neither party shall have any right or authority or assume or create any obligations or make any representations or warranties on behalf of the other party, whether express or implied, or to bind the other party in any respect whatsoever.
- 17.10 Injunctive Relief. Either party may have injunctive, preliminary or other equitable relief to remedy any actual or threatened dispute.
- 17.11 Arbitration. Each party hereto agrees and acknowledges that, upon the written demand of any party, whether made before or after the institution of any legal proceedings, but prior to the rendering of any judgment in that proceeding, all disputes, claims and controversies between them whether individual, joint, or class in nature, arising from this Agreement, including without limitation contract disputes and tort claims, shall be resolved by binding arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"). Any arbitration proceeding held pursuant to this arbitration provision shall be conducted in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana or at any other place selected by mutual written agreement of the parties. Judgment upon any award rendered by any arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. All statute of limitations, prescriptive periods, estoppel, waiver, laches and similar doctrines which would otherwise be applicable in an action brought by a party shall be applicable in any arbitration proceeding, and the commencement of an arbitration proceeding shall be deemed the commencement of any action for these purposes. The Federal Arbitration Act (Title 9 of the United States Code) shall apply to the construction, interpretation, and enforcement of this arbitration provision.
- 17.12 Choice Of Law. This Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereunder shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Louisiana, United States of America, without giving effect to conflict of laws principles.
- 17.13 Consent to Jurisdiction and Venue. Each party hereto irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of the United States of America and further consents to the specific jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the State of Louisiana and agrees that any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or any related documents, may be instituted against it in any Louisiana court or in any U.S. District Court sitting in the State of Louisiana (assuming such latter court has jurisdiction over such suit, action or proceeding), at the option of the party bringing such suit, action or proceeding, and also specifically waives any objection which it may have to the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding brought in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana and irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of any such court in any such suit, action or proceeding. Nothing herein shall affect the right of either party to serve process in any manner permitted by law.
- 17.14 Modification. No alteration, modification or other change of this Agreement shall be valid, effective or enforceable under any circumstances, except and unless the parties clearly document their intention to revise or amend this agreement and/or its specific terms pursuant to a written agreement that is signed by the party against whom enforcement of any such alteration, modification or other change is sought.
- 17.15 Acknowledgment. Applicant agrees, understand and acknowledges that Applicant (i) has read and fully understands this legal contract, with full knowledge of its meaning and significance; (ii) intends that this Agreement be legally binding upon and enforceable against Applicant; (iii) confirms that Applicant is at least eighteen (18) years of age, fully competent, and entering into this Agreement voluntarily of his or her own free judgment.
- 17.16 Entire Agreement. This written Agreement, including any referenced exhibits and/or attachments hereto, concludes and represents the final agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and may not be contradicted by prior, contemporaneous or subsequent oral or written agreements of the parties, except and unless the parties hereto expressly agree to subsequent written modification of this Agreement, or its terms, as specifically provided herein. This Agreement completely and fully supersedes any and all other prior negotiations, discussions, correspondence and agreements, both written and oral, between the parties hereto and relating to the subject matter hereof and neither party shall hereafter have any rights under such other prior agreements but shall look solely to this Agreement for definition and determination of all of their respective rights, liabilities and responsibilities relating to the obligations hereunder. No representations, warranties or covenants pertaining to this Agreement or any property affected by this Agreement have been made by, or shall be binding on, any of the parties hereto, except as expressly stated in this Agreement.