Global Crossroad's TESOL Program provides a perfect introduction to Vietnam – a land that overwhelms most visitors with the sublime beauty of its natural settings from the Red River Delta in the north to the Mekong Delta in the south. The program's unique combination of a comprehensive TESOL training and certification course, extensive language and cultural awareness training and job placement, arms you with the proficiency and abilities needed to confidently live in Southeast Asia .
Ho Chi Minh City is the heart and soul of Vietnam . It's a dynamic and productive region, the largest city in the country, the economic capital, and a cultural trendsetter. It also has a vibrant nightlife with many local and Western bars and cafes concentrated in the city center. The city is also the culinary capital of Vietnam . You can sample a variety of foods ranging from Vietnamese regional specialties to international cuisine. The best Vietnamese, French, and Chinese restaurants in Vietnam are found in Ho Chi Minh City.
- March 2, 2009
- March 30, 2009
- April 27, 2009
- June 1, 2009
- June 29, 2009
- July 27, 2009
- August 24, 2009
- September 28, 2009
- October 26, 2009
- November 23, 2009
Occasionally, it's necessary that we postpone or re-schedule a training class from this posted schedule; so be sure to contact us to re-confirm dates before you depart from home! To ensure placement in the program you desire, we advise applying three to six months prior to your intended start date
Course fee: $1690
Program fee covers:
- TEFL course fee
- Individually numbered TESOL Certificate
- Pre Departure Information
- Welcome Dinner
- Job Placement Assistance
- Cell Phone use during the course
- Course Texts and materials
- 24/7 Support during training
- 30 Hour language and cultural orientation
- Graduation Dinner
Program fee does not cover:
- Course Materials
- Personal Expenses
- International Flights
- Visa, Immunization
- Accommodations ($500 per month)
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off
During training participants stay in private rooms in small boutique hotels very close to the Training Center. Rooms typically have air-conditioning, a private bath, and are clean and nicely furnished. Costs are approximately $500 per month, and about $125 per week thereafter. Vietnam offers plenty of choices at range of prices to suit pretty much any pocket, though we recommend that you acquire a taste for the local cuisine. Participants are responsible for their own meals.
Whether enrolled in our online TEFL course or one of our numerous abroad courses Global Crossroad can guarantee paid, English-teaching positions Vietnam for native English-speakers. Over the last five years, Global Crossroad has sent many native English-speakers to Vietnam . Recently, Vietnam emerged as a major teaching destination for ESL teachers. As an English-teacher in Vietnam , you not only receive free living accommodations, meals, and competitive monthly salaries, but also a number of benefits. For more information on these abroad English-teaching programs, please visit: http://www.globalcrossroad.com/vietnam/paid-teaching.php
The 140 hour TESOL certification combines 90 hours of classroom-based work with 20-30 hours of Teaching Practice. Our partner school works with U.S. Colleges and Universities to identify college graduates interested in traveling abroad for a learning and experience program beginning with a full Certification TEFL / TESOL course and ending in job placement in countries in need of English teachers. The school is a member of NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) and has been approved by other member schools (i.e. Ohio State University , Purdue, Harvard, Yale, Tufts University , University of North Carolina , Duke University and many others) for on campus recruitment for our TESOL programs
Our TESOL academic staff has over 30 years of experience in the English language-training field, both in pure academics and in day-to-day teaching in classrooms worldwide. The TESOL certification course in Vietnam relies on this wealth of experience to combine the best and most current academic thinking in the TESOL field with decades of hands-on wisdom from practical teaching in remote areas of the world.
The 140+ hour, four-week course integrates the aspects of real teaching that we have found most important:
- Ninety hours of classroom-based Academic Inputs
- Thirty hours of Language and Cultural Awareness Training
- Up to thirty hours of Teaching Practice and Observation
Our TESOL Practicum is similarly goal-based:
- You will typically be seeing the same students on a regular basis for 8 to 10 hours each week, so your lessons will be continuous, one building-on and leading-to the next. The students you teach are actually your students, allowing you to plan from class to class based on student progress and need.
- Your teaching assignment will often be a local community resource (hospital, police station, city hall, orphanage, immigration office, etc.) so your teaching time directly benefits the community. By the end of the class, your students will have had thirty hours of English Language classes, free. This may not seem like much, but it is approximately the same number of hours a class in many public schools will get in one academic year.