Cambodia TESOL Program- Phnom Penh
Global Crossroad's TESOL Program provides a perfect introduction to Cambodia – a must-visit destinations in Southeast Asia with pristine beaches, ancient temples and exotic jungles. The program's unique combination of a comprehensive TESOL training and certification course, extensive language and cultural awareness training, arms you with the proficiency and abilities needed to confidently live in Southeast Asia.
As the capital, Phnom Penh is the political and commercial center Cambodia . Once considered the most beautiful of all cities in French Indo-China, much of the city's colonial charm has survived the violent decades the country and its people have experienced since independence. Phnom Penh main attraction draws interests such as the Royal Palace , the Silver Pagoda and the excellent National Museum, plus a wide selection of hotels, restaurants, cafes and bars.
- March 2, 2009
- March 30, 2009
- April 27, 2009
- June 1, 2009
- June 29, 2009
- July 27, 2009
- August 24, 2009
- September 28, 2009
- October 26, 2009
- November 23, 2009
Program fee covers:
- TEFL course fee
- Individually numbered TESOL Certificate
- Pre Departure Information
- Welcome Dinner
- Job Placement Assistance
- Cell Phone use during the course
- Course Texts and materials
- 24/7 Support during training
- 30 Hour language and cultural orientation course
- Graduation Dinner
Program fee does not cover:
- Course Materials
- Personal Expenses
- International Flights
- Visa, Immunization
- Accommodations ($500 per month)
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off
During the four week training program, housing will be provided to participants they will stay at in a villa, a six bedroom, six bath home about ten minutes from the training center, or at a local hotel. All accommodations have air-conditioning and western style bathrooms. Costs are approximately $500 per month, and about $125 per week thereafter. Phnom Penh offers plenty of choices at range of prices to suit pretty much any pocket, though we recommend that you acquire a taste for the local cuisine. Participants are responsible for their own meals.
Whether enrolled in our online TEFL course or one of our numerous abroad courses (in 12 destinations worldwide), Global Crossroad can guarantee paid, English-teaching positions in China for native English-speakers. Over the last five (5) years, Global Crossroad has sent hundreds of native English-speakers to China (since 2003, sending nearly 1000 teachers to China). As an English-teacher in China, you not only receive free living accommodations, meals, and competitive monthly salaries, but also a number of benefits. For more information on these abroad English-teaching programs, please visit: http://www.globalcrossroad.com/teach_in_china.php.
The 140 hour TESOL certification combines 90 hours of classroom-based work with 20-30 hours of Teaching Practice. Our partner school works with U.S. Colleges and Universities to identify college graduates interested in traveling abroad for a learning and experience program beginning with a full Certification TEFL/TESOL course and ending in job placement in countries in need of English teachers. The school is a member of NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) and has been approved by other member schools (i.e. Ohio State University , Purdue, Harvard, Yale, Tufts University , University of North Carolina , Duke University and many others) for on campus recruitment for our TESOL programs
Our TESOL academic staff has over 30 years of experience in the English language-training field, both in pure academics and in day-to-day teaching in classrooms worldwide. The TESOL certification course in Vietnam relies on this wealth of experience to combine the best and most current academic thinking in the TESOL field with decades of hands-on wisdom from practical teaching in remote areas of the world.
The 140+ hour, four-week course integrates the aspects of real teaching that we have found most important:
- Ninety hours of classroom-based Academic Inputs
- Thirty hours of Language and Cultural Awareness Training
- Up to thirty hours of Teaching Practice and Observation
Our TESOL Practicum is similarly goal-based:
- You will typically be seeing the same students on a regular basis for 8 to 10 hours each week, so your lessons will be continuous, one building-on and leading-to the next. The students you teach are actually your students, allowing you to plan from class to class based on student progress and need.
- Your teaching assignment will often be a local community resource (hospital, police station, city hall, orphanage, immigration office, etc.) so your teaching time directly benefits the community. By the end of the class, your students will have had thirty hours of English Language classes, free. This may not seem like much, but it is approximately the same number of hours a class in many public schools will get in one academic year.
Language and Cultural Awareness Training: 30 hours of training designed to:
1. Give you the local language skills necessary for daily life in Cambodia
2. Put you in the learner's seat, re-acquainting you with the struggle to acquire a new language
3. Let you be part of the learning process
4. Provide a major cultural overview and orientation to Cambodian customs- what's polite and acceptable, how to fit in, the importance of making an effort toward understanding, etc.
$300 REWARD for TEFL Participants in Volunteer Programs in Cambodia
Global Crossroad presently offers one of most successful volunteer and internship abroad programs in Cambodia --sending nearly 100 volunteers to Nepal each year. Global Crossroad offers unbeatable discounts of $300 for successful TEFL graduates interested in enrolling in the numerous volunteer/internship positions in Cambodia